Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lilo's house


Here's some work in progress shots from a high res version of Lilo's house from the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch. I wanted to spend my break focusing on modeling a high res organic environment and learn a little bit more about Zbrush in the process.

I'm hoping to add a lot more junk around the house and model more plants and rocks throughout.

Some of my new best friends:
z-remesher
fibermesh






Tuesday, November 19, 2013

BFA "My Name is..." Film

I finally got around to posting up my BFA intro video.
We had one week to make a 60 second film about ourselves.
The only restrictions were that it had to be 60 seconds or less, and at some point we have to look at the camera and say "My name is ____." 

Special thanks was added, which extended the time of the video after the fact:
Melody Appel, my fiance,  helped me iron out the idea, write out the narration and film of course.
Celine Delcayre  was nice enough to translate the work into french while she was in town.
Eric Mead who did the actual narration has a wonderful voice and happens to speak a bit of french among many other languages. 

I had a lot of fun filming and editing this. I learned quite a bit about after effects in process thanks to Wendell Dalit.

It seemed to get a good laugh from everybody in my class and they very kindly voted it best in class,
for which I received a Marvel "The Avengers" puzzle and a bag of chai tea.




BFA FILM from jared mills on Vimeo.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Voltorb!

Voltorb!
This was my submission for the Pokemon Rare Candy Gallery Downtown.
Thanks Peter and Amy! Check out the Gallery!


Friday, March 29, 2013

Bloody Mary!!


Bloody Mary's Demon Child WIP from Jared Mills on Vimeo.

This is a character I've been working on for our new source engine mod based off the folklore of Bloody Mary. He was designed by Matt Pugnetti.

This is the high poly version.

More info on the Mod and its progress: http://bloodymarymod.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 8, 2012

More digital renderings!

For this render I forced myself to stop at the 4 hour mark as a test to see how much I could get done.


 I struggled a lot with this rendering. It came down to trouble with the photo I took to render from. The lighting was flat, and the overall composition was too busy. So even though I spent a lot of time rendering, the final output feels unfinished.

Photo:

Gary Soto Kitchen Final

  

 This is the final rendering for my 117a kitchen illustration. The story for the piece is based on Gary Soto's short story The Haircut. We're done with this project as a class but I plan on revisiting parts of it based on feedback i received today. I need to study drapery more!

Overall Ive learned a lot from this assignment and can't wait to take what I've learned from this and move on to the next project.